2014 Ireland Launch of the ICC Mediation Rules
- Location: Dublin
- Date: 06/11/2014
- Event Type: Conference
- Language: English
Save the Date! On 6 November 2014, ICC will present in Ireland the new ICC Mediation Rules which entered into force on 1 January 2014. The event will offer participants the opportunity to acquire a comprehensive overview of the new Rules and an insight into the latest developments in international commercial mediation.
On 1 January 2014, the new ICC Rules of Mediation entered into force. In conjunction with the entry into force of the Rules, ICC Ireland will be organising a launch conference in Dublin on 6 November 2014.
The event will offer participants the opportunity to acquire a comprehensive overview of the new Rules and an insight into the latest developments in international commercial mediation.
Speakers will include a representative of the ICC International Centre for ADR and specialists in mediation.
5.45-6.00pm - Registration
6.00-6.10pm - Words of welcome and introduction
6.10-6.35pm - The new ICC Mediation Rules (Part I)
- ADR becomes Mediation: The drafting of the new ICC Mediation Rules
- Getting started: How to initiate proceedings under the ICC Mediation Rule
- Avoiding and overcoming hurdles: How are mediations conducted under the new Rules
- How can agreement on the language(s) and place of the mediation be achieved if the parties cannot see eye to eye?
6.35-7.00pm - Conduct of mediation proceedings
- How is the obligatory initial discussion between the mediator and the parties organized
- What do the mediator and the parties need to decide about the conduct of the proceedings?
7.00-7.25pm - The new ICC Mediation Rules (Part II)
- The mediator: Finding the right person for your dispute
- Money matters: Costs and payments
7.25-7.50pm - Drafting an effective mediation clause: The new ICC model clauses for mediation
- What are the important elements of an effective mediation clause
- What are the potential pitfalls of a poorly drafted mediation clause
- What considerations should you keep in mind in choosing between the different ICC model clauses for mediation
7.50-8.00pm - Closing remarks
Shraddha Bhosale, Deputy Manager, ICC International Centre for ADR
David Barniville SC
Terence O’Keeffe, Law Agent, Dublin City Council
Dublin Dispute Resolution Centre, Distillery Building, 145 – 151 Church Street, Dublin 7
CPD Accreditation of 2 hours provided by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators – Irish Branch