ICC/ESOMAR INTERNATIONAL CODE ON MARKET AND SOCIAL RESEARCH
Publication date : 22/01/2008
This Code is designed primarily as a framework for self-regulation.
With this in mind, ICC/ESOMAR recommend the worldwide use of the Code, which intends to fulfill the following objectives:
- To set out the ethical rules which market researchers shall follow;
- To enhance the public’s confidence in market research by emphasising the rights and safeguards to which they are entitled under this Code;
- To emphasise the need for a special responsibility when seeking the opinions on children and young people;
- To safeguard freedom for market researchers to seek, receive and impart information (as embodied in article 19 of the United Nations International
- Covenant of Civil and Political Rights);
- To minimise the need for governmental and/or inter-governmental legislation or regulation.
For further information, please contact
Senior Policy Manager, Marketing and Advertising
+33 (0)1 49 53 28 07