CLA 2014 to be co-organized by ICC
The ICC International Court of Arbitration (ICC Court) is co-organizing the 6th edition of the Conferencia Latinoamericana de Arbitraje (CLA), which will take place in Punta Cana (Dominican Republic) on 29-30 May 2014.
José Ricardo Feris, Deputy
Secretary General of the ICC International Court of Arbitration will be
co-directing this edition of the conference jointly with Diego Fernández-Arroyo
and José Moreno.
The CLA is a
must-attend conference in Latin America where renowned practitioners will
address theorical and practical issues such as:
- legitimacy in commercial and investment
- arbitrability and “contractualization” of
- parallel proceedings, “litispendence” and res judicata in international arbitration.
President Jan Paulsson will deliver the opening keynote address :“Who are the
enemies of international arbitration”. Yves Derains, Chair of the ICC Institute
of World Business Law will close the conference discussing the topic “The
participation of States in commercial arbitration”. The program will feature
speakers from 16 nationalities including IBA Arbitration Committee Co-Chair
Eduardo Zuleta and ICC Court Vice-President Jose Emilio Nunes Pinto.
To kick start the
conference on 28 May 2014, the ICC Court will hold a workshop on case management
covering the following topics:
- A general introduction to case management
- Preparation of the case management
- The drafting of the first procedural
- Management of procedural incidents
- Preparation and conduct of the hearing
For more information
on the conference visit: VI
Latin-American Conference – CLA 2014
For more information on the workshop visit: Case Management Techniques Workshop