Competition on ICC Lex Mercatoria
On 23-26 November 2012 in Minsk (Belarus): International Student Competition on International Trade Law and International Commercial Arbitration
Students from 20 major universities of the CIS and Baltic States are invited to participate in the Competition on International Trade Law and International Commercial Arbitration - ICC Lex mercatoria. The aim of the competition is to foster the study of international commercial law and arbitration for resolution of international commercial disputes.
Student teams will face a case study prepared by the ICC International Court of Arbitration and based on the 2012 ICC Rules of Arbitration, ICC documents and the practice of the Court.
The Competition consists of two phases:
- the writing of memorandums for claimant and respondent
- the hearing of oral argument based upon the memorandums.
A team must consist of at least two and a maximum of five people (including a coach).
The working language of the competition is Russian.
Participants will also have an opportunity to participate in the international conference on the resolution of international commercial disputes.
Deadline for registration – 1 October 2012
- Law Faculty of Belarusian State University
- ICC International Court of Arbitration
- The International Arbitration Court at BCCI
- The Supreme Economic Court of the Republic of Belarus
- ICC Russia
- Public Association "Belarusian Republican Union of Lawyers”
- Limited Liability Company "YurSpektr"
Official web-page of the Competition http://www.law.bsu.by/site/?64 (in Russian)