Arbitration and Constitutional Protection: A Dialogue between arbitration and litigation practitioners
- Location: Mexico City
- Date: 20/06/2013
- Event Type: YAF seminar
- Language: Spanish
A free ICC Young Arbitrators Forum (YAF) seminar co-organized with ICC Mexico and hosted by BSTL law firm will be held in Mexico City on 20 June 2013.
This session will focus in analyzing the possible effects that the new Mexican law on constitutional protection could have in arbitration in Mexico. The characterization of arbitrators as public authorities to the effect of constitutional protection will be discussed. Topics related to the procedures on annulment, recognition and enforcement of awards will also be discussed under the prism of the aforementioned legislation.
This free of charge seminar is dedicated to young practitioners in arbitration.
From 6:00 to 8:00 pm
Arbitration in Mexico vis a vis the new law on Constitutional Protection:
- The concept of 'authority' in Mexican law and jurisprudence.
- Particulars acting as responsible authorities.
- The supremacy of the New York Convention.
- Cecilia Azar Manzur, AZAR ABOGADOS, S.C.
- Omar Guerrero Rodríguez, BARRERA SIQUEIROS Y TORRES LANDA, S.C.
- Christa Mueller García, NORIEGA Y ESCOBEDO, A.C.
Barrera, Siqueiros y Torres Landa, S.C.
Paseo de los Tamarindos 150 PB, Colonia Bosques de las Lomas, C.P. 05120, México, D.F.