Good Faith in International Arbitration
- Location: Lima
- Date: 24/04/2013
- Event Type: Breakfast roundtable
- Language: Spanish
On 24 April 2013 in Lima, the International
Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce, with the support of the Instituto Peruano de Arbitraje, will hold a Breakfast Roundtable where Bernardo Cremades and Yves Derains will speak about "Good Faith in
A Breakfast Roundtable in honor of Bernardo Cremades and Yves Derains, from 7:45 am to 9:00 am.
John Beechey, President of the ICC International Court of Arbitration, will deliver the opening remarks. Claus Von Wobeser, Vicepresident of the ICC International Court of Arbitration, will be in charge of drawing conclusions from the exchange of opinions between Cremades and Derains. The discussion will be moderated by Katherine González Arrocha, Director, Arbitration and ADR of the ICC International Court of Arbitration.
- Good faith and evidence under the continental and anglosaxon systems of laws
- Good faith as the basis of claims or criteria of contractual interpretation
- Abuse of law and doctrine of estoppel: Can good faith be understood as enemy of legal certainty?
- The role of good faith in the selection of arbitrators
- Good faith and litigation strategy: the limits to due process and abuse of legal defenses
- Good faith in accepting the "offer to arbitrate" in BITs
Bernardo Cremades, Partner, B. Cremades y Asociados (Madrid)
Yves Derains, Partner, Derains & Gharavi, President, ICC Institute for World Business Law (Paris)
John Beechey, President, ICC International Court of Arbitration (Paris)
Katherine González Arrocha, Director for Latin America, ICC International Court of Arbitration (Panamá)
Claus Von Wobeser, Partner, Von Wobeser & Sierra (México D.F.), Vicepresident, ICC International Court of Arbitration
Country Club Lima Hotel
Los Eucaliptos 590 - Lima, Perú