ICC Mediation: Essentials for Efficient Dispute Resolution
- Location: New York City
- Date: 09/09/2013
- Event Type: Conference
- Language: English
This 8th Annual ICC New York Conference will be held on 9 September 2013.
This conference asks panelists and participants to launch into an interactive discussion on current trends in international ADR.
This program will discuss the recent proliferation of international mediation and cover such important topics as bringing parties to the table, distinguishing between the different regional approaches to mediation, mediation in the context of investor-state disputes and combining mediation and arbitration.
Who should attend?
Arbitrators, mediators, legal practitioners, in-house counsel and academics who wish to learn more about international arbitration and mediation.
Registration and Continental Breakfast
9:00 - 9:10 a.m.
Welcome and Introduction
9:10 - 10:40 a.m.
Successfully Bringing Parties to the Mediation Table
10:40 - 11:00 a.m.
11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
International Perspectives on Status and Use of Mediation
12:30 - 2:00 p.m.
2:00 - 3:30 p.m.
Investor-State Mediation: A New Trend for the Resolution of Investment Disputes
3:30 - 3:50 p.m.
3:50 - 5:20 p.m.
Efficiently Combining Mediation and Arbitration
5:20 - 5:30 p.m.
• Tai-Heng Cheng, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan LLP, New York
• Giuseppe Conte, University of Florence Department of Law, Florence
• Hugh Hackney, Greenberg Traurig LLP, Dallas
• Grant Hanessian, Baker & McKenzie LLP, New York
• David McLean, Latham & Watkins LLP, New York
• Jacqueline Nolan-Haley, Fordham University School of Law, New York
• Luis O’Naghten, Akerman Senterfitt LLP, Miami
• Victoria Orlowski, Gibson Dunn LLP, New York
• Kenneth Reisenfeld, Patton Boggs LLP, Washington, DC
• Arthur W. Rovine, Fordham University School of Law, New York
• Ank Santens, White & Case LLP, New York
• Josefa Sicard-Mirabal, International Court of Arbitration®, New York
• Stacie I. Strong, University of Missouri School of Law, Columbia
• Patricia Sulser, IFC Legal Department, Washington, DC
• Edna Sussman, Sussman ADR LLC, New York
• Mercedes Tarrazón, Dispute Management SL, Barcelona
• Rachel Thorne, Chadbourne & Parke LLP, New York
• Suzanne Ulicny, International Court of Arbitration®, New York
• Nancy Welsh, The Pennsylvania State University School of Law, University Park
• David Wilson, Sherman & Howard L.L.C., Denver
Chadbourne & Parke LLP
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10112
To register, please fill in the registration form and send it back to Alexandra Akerly: