ICC YAF Conference in Curitiba, Brazil - 28 Feb 2013
- Location: Curitiba, Brazil
- Date: 28/02/2013
- Event Type: Conference
- Language: Portuguese
The ICC Young Arbitrators Forum (YAF) will be organizing a conference on 28 February in Curitiba, Brazil on "Evidence in International Arbitration".
The seminar will be an ideal forum for young practitioners to exchange thoughts on international arbitration, and to enrich their network in the region.
13:45 to 14:15
14:15 to 14:30
14:30 to 15:45
First Roundtable: Evidence and the Parties
- Written statements and the limitation of witness testimony.
- Different types of expertise: Is there an ideal one?
- Domestic courts and evidence in international arbitration.
- Evidence subject to confidentiality: What to do as claimant or defendant?
15:45 to 16:10
16:10 to 17:25
Second Roundtable: Evidence and the Arbitrators
- Risk analyses in cases involving insurance and potentially speculative scenarios.
- Attorneys hearsay of transaction.
- Leading questions or open questions: Which one is more effective?
- The sky is the limit? Article 22 of Brazil’s Arbitration Law.
- The facts or the law: Which one weighs more in the scales of arbitral justice?
17:25 to 18:00
Godoi e Aprigliano Zambo Advogados, Sao Paulo
Miguel de Almada
Morais Leitão, Galvão Teles, Soares da Silva, Lisboa
Fernando Breda Pessoa
Universidade Positivo, Curitiba
Marcelo Roberto Ferro
Ferro, Castro Neves, Daltro & Gomide Advogados (Rio de Janeiro)
Carlos Eduardo Hapner
Hapner Kroetz Advogados, Curitiba
Matthieu de Boisséson
Darrois Villey Maillot Brochier, Paris
Alfredo de Jesús O.
Transnational Arbitration, Litigation & Business Law, Paris
Uría Menéndez, Lisboa
Gustavo Scheffer da Silveira
International Chamber of Commerce (Paris)
Ana Carolina Weber
Carvalhosa & Eizirik, Rio de Janeiro
University of Positivo
Rua Prof. Pedro Viriato Parigot de Souza, 5300
For more information and to register:
Octavio Fragata Martins de Barros