Tackling Complexity in ICC Arbitration: Recent Experience in the International and Domestic Context
- Location: Athens
- Date: 14/06/2013
- Event Type: Conference
- Language: English
On 14 June 2013 in Athens, with the support of ICC Greece and Clifford Chance as sponsor, the International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce and Lambadarios Law Firm will be co-organizing a free conference on how to tackle complexity in ICC arbitration and recent experience in the international and domestic context. The conference is also in celebration of the 150th anniversary of Lambadarios Law Firm.
In celebration of the 150th anniversary of Lambadarios Law Firm
The conference brings together academics and practitioners of international arbitration to offer participants some insight into the complexity of ICC Arbitration with recent experiences in the Greek and international context. A review of current practices under the 2012 ICC Rules of Arbitration will be made with special focus on the new mechanisms that they provide for.
Multi-party and multi-contract, as well as joinder and consolidation situations will be analyzed. Greek entities, both public and private, are very active users of international arbitration. The issue of arbitrations involving State and State Entities will be addressed, namely with regard to choosing the applicable law and the constitution of the Arbitral Tribunal in light of the recent amendment to the Greek law in this regard.
Particular issues that arise before the national courts in the course of arbitration proceedings such as interim measures, the taking of evidence, or in relation to the recognition and enforcement of awards will be identified and discussed.
Who should attend
Arbitration practitioners, corporate in-house counsel, Greek State’s in-house lawyers, jurists and academics.
09:00 a.m. – 09:40 a.m. - Registration
09:40 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. - Welcome remarks
- George Kallimopoulos, Faculty of Law, University of Athens, Athens
- Nikos Vernicos, President, ICC Hellas, Athens
10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. - Multi-party and multi-contract arbitrations: a review of current practices under the 2012 Rules of Arbitration
- Michelangelo Cicogna, Partner, De Berti Jacchia Franchini Forlani, Milan
- José Ricardo Feris, Deputy Secretary General, ICC International Court of Arbitration, Paris
- Simon Greenberg, Partner, Clifford Chance, Paris
- Nondas Lambadarios, Managing Partner, Lambadarios law firm, Athens
11:00 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. - Questions & Discussion
11.45 a.m. – 01:00 p.m. - Arbitration and National Courts
- John Filiotis, Senior Partner, Lambadarios law firm, Athens
- Sandrine Colletier, Senior Associate, Clifford Chance, Paris
- Marily Paralika, Associate, White & Case, Paris
- George Kallimopoulos, Faculty of Law, University of Athens
01:00 p.m. – 01:15 p.m. - Questions & Discussion
2:45 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. - Arbitrations involving States and State entities
- Alexander G. Fessas, Counsel, Secretariat of the ICC International Court of Arbitration, Paris
- Prokopis Dimitriadis, Partner, Lambadarios law firm, Athens
- Fokion Georgakopoulos, President, Legal Council of the State, Athens
- Antonios Tzanakopoulos, Lecturer, Oxford University
- Anna P. Mantakou, Anna P. Mantakou law offices, Athens; member, ICC International Court of Arbitration, Paris
4:15 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. - Closing Remarks – Questions & Discussion
Hotel Grande Bretagne, Athens
Constitution Square, Athens 105 64, Greece
Please contact Philippos Ioannou, ICC Greece Tel: +30 210 381 0879 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Travel and accomodation
The conference is free of charge. Travel and hotel expenses are not included. Participants are responsible for making their own travel arrangements and hotel reservations.