Customs and Trade Facilitation
The ICC Commission on Customs and Trade Facilitation focuses on customs policies and procedures as well as other measures to facilitate international trade.
The Commission's current policy working areas include
To promote simplified customs policies and procedures as well as other measures to facilitate international trade.
- Provide input into the work of the World Customs Organization (WCO) on customs valuation and classification including through the WCO Private Sector Consultative Group.
- Build on the success of the inaugural ICC Symposium on Trade Facilitation and hold a follow-up event.
- Encourage convergence between tax and customs authorities on transfer pricing and customs valuation.
- Produce "ICC Guidelines for Traders" and increase dissemination of ICC Customs Guidelines to national customs administrations.
- Revisit the impact of customs duties on trade in intellectual property and services.
- Integrate transport and logistics policy issues from a global and multimodal perspective into ICC's work on trade facilitation.