Filing a Request for DOCDEX Decision
When a dispute arises, the Initiator shall apply for a DOCDEX Decision by submission of a request (Request).
The Initiator may be one of the parties to the dispute applying individually, or more or all parties to the dispute submitting jointly a single Request. The Request, including all documents annexed thereto, shall be supplied to the Centre in Paris, France, in four copies.
A Request shall be concise and contain all necessary information clearly presented, in particular the following:
- full name and address of the Initiator, clearly stating such Initiator's function(s) in connection with the documentary credit, the collection, or the demand guarantee; and
- full name and address of any other party to the dispute (Respondent), clearly stating such Respondent's function(s) in connection with the documentary credit, the collection, or the demand guarantee, where the Request is not submitted jointly by all parties to the dispute; and
- a statement of the Initiator formally requesting a DOCDEX Decision in accordance with the ICC DOCDEX, ICC Publication No. 811; and
- a summary of the dispute and of the Initiator's claims, clearly identifying all issues related to the documentary credit, the collection, or the demand guarantee and the applicable ICC Rules to be determined; and
- copies of the documentary credit in dispute, the collection instruction, or the demand guarantee in dispute, all amendments thereto, and all documents deemed necessary to establish the relevant circumstances; and
- a statement by the Initiator that a copy of such Request, including all documents annexed thereto, has been sent to each Respondent named in the Request.
The Request must be accompanied by the payment of the Standard Fee amounting to US$ 5000. In exceptional circumstances, if the amount of the letter of credit, of the collection, or of the demand guarantee exceeds US$ 500 000, an additional payment of up to US$ 5000 may be required.
The Request for DOCDEX Decision shall be sent to:
ICC International Centre for Expertise
38 cours Albert 1er
75008 Paris, France
Fax: +33 1 49 53 30 49
Payment for the Standard Fee by wire transfer
Beneficiary (Account holder):
INTERNATIONAL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
38, Cours Albert 1er
75008 Paris, France
Bank of Beneficiary:
35, rue des Noirettes
P.O. Box 2600
1211 Geneva 2, Switzerland
Account no.: 240-224534.61R
IBAN: CH06 0024 0240 2245 3461 R
Swift Code (BIC): UBSWCHZH80A
Please indicate on your payment order the name of the party in the procedure on behalf of which this payment is being made.
Parties may alternatively pay by cheque made out to the INTERNATIONAL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE.