Request for Referee
A party who requires the appointment of a Referee must send two copies of its Request and of any annexed documents to the Secretariat.
Such party must at the same time notify the other party or parties of the Request by the quickest method of delivery available, including telefax.
Each such Request must be accompanied by the amount of US$ 5,000.
Elements of the Request for Referee
The Request shall be in writing and shall contain in particular:
- a) the names and addresses of the parties to the agreement together with a brief description of the legal relationships between the parties;
- b) a copy of the agreement on which the Request is based;
- c) the Order or Orders requested and an explanation of the grounds relied on so as to show that the Request falls within Article 2.1;
- d) as the case may be, the name of the Referee chosen by agreement of the parties;
- e) any information concerning the choice of the Referee required to be appointed, including, as appropriate, technical or professional qualifications, nationality and language requirements;
- f) confirmation that the request has been sent to every other party, stating the means by which this has been done and enclosing proof of transmission, such as postal registration form, receipt from a private courier, or telefax receipt.
The Request for the appointment of a Referee should be submitted to
The Secretariat of the International Court of Arbitration
38 cours Albert 1er
75008 Paris, France
Tel.: +33 1 49 53 28 28
Fax: +33 1 49 53 29 33
Payment shall be made by wire transfer according to the following instructions:
Beneficiary (Account holder):
INTERNATIONAL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
38, Cours Albert 1er
75008 Paris, France
Bank of Beneficiary:
35, rue des Noirettes
P.O. Box 2600
1211 Geneva 2, Switzerland
Account no.: 240-224534.61R
IBAN: CH06 0024 0240 2245 3461 R
Swift Code (BIC): UBSWCHZH12A
Please indicate on your payment order the name of the party in the procedure on behalf of which this payment is being made.
Parties may alternatively pay by cheque made out to the INTERNATIONAL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE