Set up in 1995, Counterforce is a unique anti-counterfeiting legal network primarily concerned with counterfeiting and enforcement work.
The network currently numbers around 30 law firms throughout the world and is widely regarded internationally as comprising some of the leading law firms involved in intellectual property and anti-counterfeiting work. Counterforce is also promoted by ICC as a unique world-wide legal network for the enforcement of intellectual property rights.
There are a number of benefits to being a member of Counterforce. These include:
- Referral of any legal work required in your jurisdiction by our members.
- A full-page profile of your firm in our International Anti-Counterfeiting Directory (IACD), which is published every year and distributed to our members, as well as international brand owners and anti-counterfeiting organizations. It is also posted on our website.
- Opportunities to correspond with other Counterforce representatives and to have work referred from within the network.
- Participation in Counterforce projects. Past projects have included an "International Survey of Enforcement Measures against Counterfeiting and Piracy."
- Counterfeiting Confidential and Commercial Crime International two monthly publications which keep members in touch with all aspects of counterfeiting world-wide, including developments in intellectual property law and security technologies, as well as global commercial crime.
- BASCAP Counterfeiting and Piracy Digest – a fortnightly e-newsletter compiled by the CIB.
- Access to a database of information, which the CIB maintains on counterfeiting throughout the world.
- The right to advertise your representation of Counterforce and display the Counterforce logo on your notepaper and website.
Membership of Counterforce and its association with ICC also confers a seal of approval on members of the network.
Click here to view the members of Counterforce by searching the International Anti-Counterfeiting Directory.
If you would like to become a member of Counterforce please contact CIB.